You’ve spent months and months, planning for your wedding and now the day is finally here! WOOOO! Now, if you’re anything like me, your a little type-A and like being prepared for any scenario the day might throw at you. You’ve probably heard from friends or family that every wedding day has a little hiccup (no matter how much you plan and prepare), but don’t worry because I have created an extensive list of my wedding day emergency kit essentials that I think every couple should have with them on their wedding day.
And p.s., I bring a kit full of these items to every wedding day so that we have everything we need to make the day go as smoothly as possible! 😉
My Wedding Day Emergency Kit Essentials
- Tylenol, Advil, Aleve– Sometimes when I get nervous or didn’t get enough sleep, I get headaches so having your pain reliever of choice on hand is key.
- Safety pins– I’ve been to countless weddings where someone needed a safety pin so now I always keep them handy.
- Eyelash glue– I don’t know about you, but whenever I wear falsies, the corners come loose after a few hours so having some eyelash glue will ensure your lashes stay all day.
- Lip stick, mascara, powder, setting spray, oil blotting sheets– Chances are you’re getting your makeup done for the wedding, but it’s never a bad idea to have some of your favorite, go to products for some touch ups.
- Tide-To-Go– If you don’t need this, I promise someone in the wedding party will!
- Hair brush– If you are changing hairstyles between ceremony and reception or just need to brush out some curls, having a mini hairbrush comes in clutch.
- Perfume– I love being able to re-apply my perfume throughout the day, especially if it’s hot outside and you’re feeling a bit sweaty.
- Deodorant– Along the same lines, I get nervous no matter how excited I am for a big event, and thus sweat more than normal so having your fave deodorant handy is a must.
- Mole-skin, bandaids– I always recommend my couples break in their wedding shoes a week or two before the wedding, sometimes shoes just rub. So make sure to have some bandaids on hand so that you can feel comfortable as you dance the night away.
- Pepto and Gas-X– Listen, sometimes nerves get the best of us and having these readily available is reassuring.
- Hair ties and bobby pins– I don’t leave home without these because you never know when you or a friend might need one.
- Mini sewing kit– Just in case a button comes loose!
- Mini scissors- Those pesky little hanging straps on dresses always bug me so I like having the option of cutting them out.
- Contact case, solution, extra contacts, and eye drops– Sometimes you just need a little refresh throughout the day. You deserve to see your whole day clearly (lol).
- Chapstick– I find that groomsmen always need this so having a little pack in your bag will make you the MVP.
- Lint roller– Gotta make sure your clothes are free of little fuzzies and hair.
- Hairspray– For anyone who needs a little extra hold throughout the night or needs to tame a rogue flyaway
- Makeup remover and cotton pads– Hopefully you won’t need these, but always nice to have just in case.
- Toothbrush and toothpaste– I always like to brush my teeth right before I leave for a big event, so if you’re like me then packing a travel toothbrush and toothpaste will be a lifesaver.
- False eyelashes– Like I said earlier, sometimes those falsies just pop off and you need to try a new pair.
- Nail polish and nail polish remover– For anyone who forgot to paint their nails or wants a clean slate for the big day
- Tweezers– Always good for the stray eyebrow hair!
- Extra suit shirt– This one is for the boys! The nerves + all the dancing can make you sweaty so having a fresh shirt to change into will be your saving grace!
Other Getting Ready Room Essentials
- Snacks– I feel like sometimes people forget to eat on their wedding day. So to prevent getting hangry or a headache, be sure to pack some of your favorite snacks to munch on throughout the day.
- Water– The same goes for water! Always make sure you stay hydrated!
- Speaker– I love having music on in the background because it gives me something to focus on if im feeling a little anxious. So make a wedding day playlist and play your favorite songs all morning!
- Phone chargers– Trust me, your friends will thank you. They’ll be busy capturing behind the scenes so that you can live in the moment and enjoy your day so you’ll want to ensure they always have a full battery.
- Portable steamer– Whether you’re traveling or just driving to your venue, having a steamer is super handy for getting out any little creases.
I hope this not so little list helps you prepare for your big day! I promise that having these items handy will easy your mind and make you feel prepared to tackle any last minute hiccup! And if you hire me as your wedding photographer, I will have most of these items on hand!
Meet Your New York Wedding Photographer
Hi y’all! My name is Molly and I am a New York based wedding and elopement photographer who loves to capture wedding days in an authentic and candid way. If you want to hear a little more about what it’s like to work with me, head on over to the Experience Page to learn more about my stress-free wedding experience. For more information about my packages and pricing, feel free to check out my Investment Page! And if you’re looking for more wedding inspiration, I have a lot of informational posts on my Blog.
And if you’ve read this far and think we’re a good match, click HERE to book me as your wedding photographer. I can’t wait to get this party going!