To all the engaged and soon-to-be-married couples out there, I know your wedding day is one of the most anticipated days of your lives. You’ve likely spent hours coordinating with vendors, creating countless mood boards on Pinterest, and planning every last detail to create the wedding of your dreams. And now the time has finally come to walk down the aisle and say your vows in front of your loved ones. As excited as you are to spend a day with all of your favorite people, the big day can also evoke some stress and anxiety for some. To make your day run as smoothly as possible, here are my top 5 tips to make your wedding day easy and stress-free!
My Top 5 Tips for a Stress-free Wedding Day
- Appoint someone in your wedding party (or your wedding planner if you have one) to be your designated communication person. This person will answer any last minute texts or phone calls from vendors looking for directions or guests asking what time the ceremony starts. You can brief this person in the weeks leading up to your wedding so that they’re ready to answer any and all questions you may get the morning of your wedding. This way, you can focus on being in the moment and spending time with the people you love most!
- Create a calming environment in your getting ready room. Whether you’re getting ready at your venue or a hotel nearby, create an atmosphere that makes you feel calm and relaxed. Bring a speaker so that you can listen to your favorite music, bring your favorite drinks and snacks, anything that will make you feel happy and at peace!
- Break in your wedding shoes before the big day. This may seem like a small thing, but honestly it will make your day that much easier. Not only will this prevent any uncomfortable blisters, it will also help you feel super confident as you walk down the aisle.
- Make an emergency kit for your getting ready room! Let’s get real for a second. As much as you plan and prepare for your wedding day, not everything goes 100% as planned and that’s OKAY. That’s why I always tell my couples bring an emergency kit to their getting ready location so that they are prepared for any last minute hiccup. Below is a list of things that I keep in my emergency kit that I bring to every wedding day:
- Bandaids and Moleskin (basically an adhesive cushion)
- Tide to go pen
- Safety pins and a sewing kit
- Tums or Pepto
- Extra makeup or lashes
- Q tips and tissues
- Bobby pins and hairties
- Contact case and solution (if you wear contacts)
- Makeup wipes
- Lip balm
- Oil blotting sheets
- Appoint a friend to make sure you eat and drink enough on your wedding day. Trust me, I get it. Your wedding day is jam packed. From greeting all your friends to taking photos, it may feel like you don’t have a minute to sit down and eat. But trust me, you will feel so much happier if you take a few quick moments to eat some food and drink water. Appointing one of your besties to help you do that is the easiest way to make sure you are properly fueled for your exciting day!
I hope these 5 tips help you plan a stress-free wedding day. If you have any must share tips, leave a comment down below so that we can help each other!